Social Services Manager at Treyburn Rehabilitation Center, LLC
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Has administrative authority and accountability for the provision of psychosocial needs of the residents and patients. Acts as Resident Advocate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Social Services department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Collects and assesses data relevant to patients’ psychosocial needs, risk factors for psychosocial deterioration and responses to interventions.
• Implements social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Coordinates discharge planning.
• Facilitates advanced directive decision-making process.
• Coordinates Family council.
• Coordinates grievance complaint process. If appointed Grievance Official will be responsible for overseeing the grievance process.
• Any facility with more than 120 beds must employ a qualified social worker on a full-time basis.
• An individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or a bachelor’s degree in a human services field including, but not limited to, sociology, gerontology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology and
• One year supervised social work experience working directly with individuals in a health care setting.
• Current Social Work license in the state, if applicable.
Supervises the Social Services staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of such information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
See job description