Finance Manager (Pharma Experience) at Greenwich Biosciences, Inc.
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the role
This position will provide financial planning, reporting and analysis for the U.S. Commercial organization. Working closely with Sales, Marketing, Market Access and Medical Affairs functions, this role will have joint accountability for ensuring the organization’s short and long-term financial objectives are achieved.
- Partner with the U.S. Commercial functional leads to prepare operating expense budgets, forecasts and strategic plans – including development and communication of guidelines and instructions.
- Provide financial advice and support for key commercial operations and investment decisions.
- Participate in development and monitoring of sales force incentive compensation targets and performance in partnership with Sales Operations.
- Analyze monthly financial results and trends to anticipate variances to budget/plan and to assist management in mobilizing actions to address.
- Prepare month end close journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financial results are accurate and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assist the Finance Director with revenue forecasts and Gross-to-Net analysis and accruals.
- Support the Finance Director in analyzing customer contracts to assess impact on revenue and profitability.
- Sales and Inventory analysis and reporting.
- Develop monthly financial reporting packages. Conduct quarterly finance review meetings with functional leads.
- Support the Finance Director with various initiatives aimed at improving internal finance business processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA and/or MBA highly preferred.
- 6-8 years’ work experience in Finance or Accounting related functions. Biopharma industry experience preferred. Pharmaceutical revenue experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with cost budgeting and planning.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of financial analysis and profitability ratios.
- Excellent planning, organization and management skills – able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to influence management and network across functions.
- Ability to be an effective member of mid-to-senior level management teams and to challenge managers across all functional disciplines.
- Strong proficiency in Financial Accounting Systems and MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Dynamic, self-motivated candidate with mature business acumen who can partner with and influence others.