Provider Education Specialist- FT- Hospital Billing- INTEGRIS Cardiovascular Physicians in OKC at Integris
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Provider Education Specialist, Full Time, Hospital Billing, INTEGRIS Cardiovascular Physicians in OKC
Job Code: 1069
The Provider Education Specialist provides education to physicians, non-physician practitioners and other staff on compliance, coding, documentation, and other regulatory matters. Provides professional services training, consultation, analysis and feedback to clinicians on their documentation and coding to ensure appropriate reimbursement and conforms to applicable guidelines and regulation. Adheres to National Patient safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Provider Education Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Coordinates the development and implementation of curriculums for current and newly hired physicians/healthcare providers.
* Coordinates the development and implementation of shared webinars and live presentations on topics relating to coding and documentation.
* Provides individual and group education to providers, clinic staff, billing staff and others who require coding and documentation knowledge.
* Performs coding and documentation assessments to determine any issues relating to coding, documentation, or missed revenue opportunities and delivers individualized training based on these findings.
* Provides shadowing services to physicians/healthcare providers to supply feedback on documentation and coding to ensure appropriate reimbursement, while conforming to applicable guidelines and regulations.
* Assists the INTEGRIS Corporate Compliance Department in addressing educational opportunities identified through ongoing audits.
* Collaborates with the EMR team to develop and implement strategies to make appropriate documentation and coding easier for providers.
* Utilizes knowledge and experience pertaining to documentation, coding and billing of services to federal health care programs to address functional goals.
Reports to assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office conditions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Coding certification (CCS, CPC, CPC-H, CPMA) with minimum 3 years coding experience or alternate credential/education (Associates Degree in Health-related field or Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.) AND 5 years work experience in a compliance/educational function
* Previous work experience applicable to ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding and UB-04 and/or CMS-1500 claim billing and general understanding of regulatory compliance issues and federal health care program reimbursement methodologies
* This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
* Previous work experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written