Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
The Groundskeeper position safeguards the interests of the owners by maintaining the physical condition of property and grounds according to company guidelines and curb appeal standards.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Maintains grounds and removes litter.
• Removes snow and ice from sidewalks and entrances as needed.
• Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice build up
• Maintain grounds and exteriors including but not limited to pool cleaning, snow removal, trash pick-up.
• Responsible for the daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which includes cleaning exterior and common areas and removing trash.
• Light landscaping work including blowing, weeding and spreading of mulch and rock.
• Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property.
• Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
• Check to ensure lighting and photocells are in good working condition.
• Report on any potential liabilities such as cracked or heaving pavement and sidewalks.
• Responsible for reporting lease violations such as cluttered balconies, poorly installed satellite dishes, improperly stored resident belongings, broken down or unlicensed vehicles on the property and illegal barbecue grills and propane tanks.
• Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of company policies and property community policies.
• Any additional duties assigned as necessary.
• Perform daily spa/pool cleaning as required.
• Adheres to established policies related to fair housing.
• Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
• Assists other Service Technician(s) in the maintenance/cleanliness of the common areas.
All service associates are either directly responsible for these standards or all required to support the service team in achieving these standards.
• Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property are litter free, clean and presentable, keeping sidewalks and entry ways free of snow and ice whenever necessary.
• Priority One areas are to be inspected daily and tended to on a continual basis to ensure curb appeal
• Check annual flowers for watering, weeding, and pinch dead blossoms a minimum of once daily.
• Holiday lighting consists of white lights in Regional Manager determined areas.
• All sign lights, Accent/up lights, and pole-mounted lights in Priority One areas are to be operational every night
• Exterior pools, spas, waterfalls, and fountains are opened as early as weather allows and remain open as long as weather permits
• Routine Service Requests are to be completed within 24 hours or within 48 hours when a part is on order or a Contractor is required to complete the request
• Total weekly routine service request calls should not exceed 10% of the total units and no more than 10% with regards to outstanding service requests
• Reports of any water infiltration or mold are treated with high priority and in cases where excessive water infiltration and mold is found; they are treated as an emergency. Mold remediation plans must be followed.
• Follow-up on Service Requests weekly to measure resident satisfaction
• If a service request is open over 24 hours, document the reason and contact the resident
• Each Service Manager will adhere to the Preventive Maintenance Program guidelines by performing an inspection on each apartment at least two (2) times per year and performing routine preventive maintenance of common areas per schedule
• All floating fountains will receive an annual maintenance checkup
• All limited access gates will receive an annual maintenance checkup by a reputable service company
• All associates are to follow energy conservation guidelines and return climate control thermostats to the appropriate setting (60 degrees Winter/85 degrees summer) and where applicable, turn off wall units. Vacant unit refrigerators should be set to “1” or manufacturer’s recommended lowest settings.
Market Ready/Unit Turns (Assist Service Manager/Supervisor)
• Locks are to be changed within 24 hours of the apartment becoming vacant.
• Apartments are to be made market ready within 72 hours of the move-out when an apartment is pre-assigned and within 3 days of the move-out for routine turns or 5 days of move-out for non-routine turns when the apartment is vacant not rented.
• Service Managers are responsible for approving the completed work of those preparing a market ready apartment, documenting the performance on the Unit Inspection form and signing the form.
• Property Managers are responsible for the final acceptance of a Market Ready apartment by placing the Welcome Card or gift in the apartment.
• All vacant units are to be walked bi-weekly (every other week) and monitored for signs of damage including, but not limited to, water infiltration or situations that will lead to mold growth.
• Only the President of Management is authorized to sign contracts.
• Each site is to display and complete their site-specific cleaning schedules.
Checklists, Binders and Logs
• Each community is to use the Sign In/out log for residents, contractors, and associates.
• Seasonal Routines and Checklists are to be completed by stated deadlines.
• Facility and Service Shops are to be locked when associates are not present.
• Lighting Inspections are to be completed 2 times per month and documented on the inspection form.
• Timely and organized
• High integrity, positive attitude, mission drive and self-directed.
• Passion, dedication and commitment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• High School diploma preferred
• Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week
• Ability to communicate with residents, supervisors, vendors, and others.
• Must be able to read and write service requests.
• Must have reliable transportation and be timely.
• Must be able to work outside in varying conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arm
• Frequently required to climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Snow removal on walkways and entries is a requirement of the position in cold weather climates.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
See job description