Curriculum Specialist, Ops Training at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Curriculum Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the Operations Training Team functions. This role is responsible, under general supervision, for the assessment, design, maintenance and evaluation of the national operations training programs. This role will also liaise with Operations Trainers and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to develop new training offerings and maintain timely updates to existing training programs and materials.
- Manage the design and quarterly maintenance of national operations training programs, including classroom training, webinars and supporting materials.
- Collaborate with the manager to solicit, build, and track development of training program deliverables including pre-work requirements, agenda and feedback survey.
- Develop course design strategies with curriculum development team to ensure adoption of best practices and achievement of effective results.
- Advise/coach trainers to optimize training programs by assessing the job performance and skill proficiency of learners.
- Assess training needs to determine performance gaps and identify opportunities, priorities, and recommended training interventions within courseware and software to improve course development strategies.
- Manage the online ordering process for all training materials.
- Utilize Microsoft Office skills to develop and format new and existing training materials to align with the established Operations Training brand and style.
- Track learner performance and measures training outcomes.
- Complete all training event follow-up tasks including compiling survey results, recording exam scores, and sending class evaluations, analyze outcome and provide recommendations for any necessary improvements.
- Audit the Learning Management System (LMS) records to ensure training compliance and follow up with employees as needed for completion.
- Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned by manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience directly related to Training/Instructional Design required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Applied Learning and Development or Organizational Management preferred.
- Previous mortgage related experience highly preferred.
- Project Management experience highly preferred.
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining multiple training curricula in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Must have strong organization skills and demonstrate a very high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills (prioritizing and follow-up).
- Prior experience developing and updating course content and coordinating learning curriculum, required.
- Proven mastery of Microsoft office skills (formatting and design with Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Google suite of tools (Forms, Docs, Sheets).
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description