Payoff Assistant I at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Payoff Assistant I plays an important role in the organization by providing general administrative support to the Loan Servicing Department. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for data entry, preparing standard correspondence using templates, scanning and uploading documents, processing mail, preparing check requests, and other administrative duties.
- Scan and manage all documents related to reconveyances, foreclosures, bankruptcies and payoffs.
- Create summaries and spreadsheets as needed.
- Prepare and send documents via certified mail.
- Update basic system information with required information.
- Prepare correspondence for routine issues using templates.
- Provide responsive and courteous service to team and other internal departments.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, along with at least one year experience providing general administrative support in a back office financial services environment, preferably in mortgage loan processing required.
- Notary highly preferred.
- Prior experience preparing certified mail.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Proficiency with data entry, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Familiar with basic internet searches.
- 10-key by touch preferred.
- Prior experience using document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- Close supervision of work product
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making
- Escalate more complex issues for advice and resolution
- Executes standard core job responsibilities with only minor variation
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description