Software Engineer II - DevOps at 41A F5 Networks, Inc.
Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Control Systems Group is building the future of management interfaces that deliver advanced BIG-IP application delivery and security services to customers around the world. We are passionate about using Agile development and DevOps principles to build a modern, automation ready system that scales to meet and exceed customer expectations.
If you have experience in Continuous Integration and Deployment skills, are interested in process engineering and automation, and have strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, we want you to come join us build the future of BIG-IP configuration and management technologies.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of an agile team building the next generation of BIG-IP management and configuration interfaces. You will participate in the development and testing of new interfaces and management modules. You will also work on the infrastructure and tools used to demonstrate the product is ready for customer consumption.
What you will do:
- Work on a scrum team to design and build the product and deployment solutions
- Collaborate on the design of product interfaces based on use cases and workflows.
- Creating and integrating the tools necessary to improve test automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Build Operational reports of performance statistics for the product
What you know:
- Understanding of network technologies
- Experience with software configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Experience with virtualization and/or containerization (VMWare, AWS, Docker, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI.
- Strong analytic/troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to and understanding of consuming or developing REST APIs, Microservices
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, BuildBot, CircleCI
- Experience automating production like environments for development and testing.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and experience working in a scrum team
- Requires a Bachelor's degree, or a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.