Director, Marketing Technology Strategic Initiatives at Franklin Templeton Investments
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Director, Marketing Technology Strategic Initiatives will lead the strategy and execution of marketing technology platforms and programs to enable modernization of Franklin Templeton Investments' (FTI's) global client experience. He/she will develop the strategic vision thru alignment of all levels of the organization with accountability for improving our client experience and enabling more effective delivery. To be successful in this role the individual must be capable of bringing different groups together to solve complex problems, drive innovative solutions and align on a shared vision and execution strategy, this includes balancing the needs of marketing, sales, technology and external partners.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Director, Marketing Technology Strategic Initiatives?
Marketing Technology Strategic Initiative Leadership:
- Facilitate strategic planning activities that lead to a portfolio of investments to deliver value to our end clients
- Lead translation of the digital strategy & capabilities into tangible solutions
- Drive people, process and tool innovations
- Develop business cases to secure executive buy-in for digital investments and initiatives
- Understand and prioritize interdependencies and integration requirements across the target-state portfolio of digital tools
- Establish an effective partnership with sponsors to carry out strategic goals and ensure effective delivery with measurable results
- Communicate with and influence stakeholders regarding key strategic approach, direction and next steps to ensure alignment and support
- Anticipate and manage stakeholder conflict at the executive level
- Actively championing the usage and adoption of tools and solutions
- Act as the liaison between business and technology functions; balance business strategy and IT strategy
- Lead, motivate and inspire a high-performing team, including objective setting, performance management, professional growth and career planning
- Provide calm, steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, rapid change, and aggressive deadlines
- Lead teams through all phases of a project lifecycle including developing RFPs, proposals, contracts, planning, discovery, workshops, experiments, blueprints, go live etc.
- Manage staff across multiple geographies
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training
- Must have 10+ years' experience leading large, cross-functional digital initiatives, with a strong track record of success, working closely with technology specialists in the development, delivery and integration of complex client-facing business applications
- Ability to communicate successfully with technical specialists and business leaders to drive results
- Experience working with digital marketing technologies
- Agile certification or DAD is ideal
- Strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to details and technical aptitude, ability to establish and enforce standards
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
- *Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career