Senior Fitter / Welder at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Welding 1802339 Requisition # 18 hours ago Post Date
Trinity Meyer Utility Structures is seeking a Senior Fitter/Welder for our plant in South Fort Worth, TX. At Trinity Meyer, we're pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
As a Senior Fitter/Welder at Trinity, you'll use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders. You'll then use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
The Senior Fitter/Welder also inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment.
What you'll do:
- Lay out and cut complex subassemblies or final product
- Fit and complete final welds and/or multi-pass welds
- Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints schematics, and sketches using manual and/or semi-automatic welding equipment
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Observe all standard safety practices
- Maintain and complete all required records
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Flux Core experience
- Ability to accurately measure within specified tolerances
- Ability to read blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders.