Senior Systems Engineer Analyst at XPO Enterprise Services, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the Senior Systems Engineer Analyst, you will perform and facilitate complex analysis, development, testing, and documentation of new or existing applications, web-based interfaces, and business-to-business solutions. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Facilitate the review and analysis of business requirements, as well as the design of solutions for new and existing applications; determine and gather work estimates for projects
- Create and maintain functional and technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy project requirements
- Develop and code applications to specification; execute all steps required to deploy/implement the application solution
- Promote a self-directed team environment; collaborate with project team members and QA on development, customer issues, and security requirements
- Provide technical and design expertise to the project team regarding applications solutions and problem resolution; run code and design reviews, and deliver technical presentations to cross-functional staff
- Monitor system and application performance, and troubleshoot/resolve escalated issues
- Provide 24/7 on-call rotational application support to users including issue resolution; accurately repair and document changes to applications as assigned
- Design and develop Einstein Analytics dashboards
- Design and develop Salesforce application
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field; or any suitable combination of education, experience, or training
- 7 years of experience in IT solutions development, preferably in a medium to large corporate environment
- 3 years of experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Toolset, Relational Databases, and Navigator
- System knowledge and skills with the enterprise-adopted toolset
- Solid knowledge of IT software development life cycle methodologies and processes
- Availability for periodic 24/7 on-call support as required by team’s rotation schedule
It’d be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of TIBCO and API integration pieces for enterprise-level applications
- Understanding of complex business principles and transportation management
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain solid business relationships and work effectively with senior business and client contacts
- Ability to mentor and guide others in technical skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.