Operator, Security Operations Center at Vectren Corporation
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In Corporate Security, we provide leadership to address and mitigate security risk to protect corporate assets and employees, while ensuring cost-effective compliance with all federal and state security rules and regulations. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations, ensuring compliance, and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. In 2017, Evansville was named America's Second Lowest Cost of Living! Located just minutes from downtown Evansville, our Evansville Wagner Building provides an energizing and engaging atmosphere where you will love to come to work.
What you will be doing:
- Under direct supervision, monitors Vectren’s physical security systems designed to safeguard personnel, facilities, equipment and assets throughout the entire service territory in Indiana and Ohio, including corporate and remote offices, power plants, substations and productions sites.
- Receive various security-related information by telephone, radio and/or other sources in real time, evaluates appropriate actions and responds accordingly.
- Completes activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets and employees.
- Assist with ensuring incidents are responded to and resolved in a timely manner. Report on the status and resolution of incidents, including finalizing documentation.
- Contact and dispatch security personnel, emergency responder, police agencies and others as needed.
- Answer and direct calls in emergency situations for security purposes.
- Provide customer service and direction to employees, contractors, visitors.
- Assist in conducting investigations to protect employees and assets.
- Perform a variety of office administrative duties and performs related work as assigned.
- Assist Corporate Security by ensuring compliance with physical security policies, and procedures.
- All shifts (i.e., first, second, or third) are available. Final shift schedule will be determined once candidate selection is finalized.
What you bring:
- Associate’s degree with 0-2 years of work experience; or in the absence of the required degree, a minimum of 2 years of experience working in security, investigations, customer service, military or a related field
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data
- Proficiency with using systems, reports, and processing requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Demonstrated ability to use reason and logic
- Proven ability to maintain discretion for confidential matters
- Knowledge of physical security principles and practices
- Experience in a physical security program in utility/energy industry and/or experience with regulatory requirements
- Experience utilizing policies and procedures; and
- Experience gathering and assessing data from multiple sources
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
- Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.