Power Systems Shop Generator Technician - 9945 at EmpirecatP
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition #: 9945
Shift : 1
Start Time : 8:00 am
End Time : 5:00 pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire line allied machines, systems and components in the Power Systems field. Prepare equipment for delivery. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of machine and engines systems, and their components. Work in adverse weather conditions as needed. Accept all out of town assignments requiring extended overnight stays. Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding equipment conditions, problems and recommendations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Completion of eTRAIN test evaluation.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Basic computer and internet knowledge is required, as well as knowledge in operating scanning/diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license and the ability to obtain commercial driver's license.
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment