Vice President, Marketing Communication & Administration (Newark, NJ or Chicago, IL) at Prudential
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is the private capital investment arm of PGIM, the $1 trillion global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU). Prudential Capital Group has been a leading provider of private placements, mezzanine debt and equity, to companies for more than 75 years. Managing a portfolio of more than $82 billion as of December 31, 2017, Prudential Capital offers senior debt, mezzanine financing, leveraged leases, project financing, credit tenant leases, as well as asset financing to companies, worldwide. The global regional office network has locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Milan, Minneapolis, Newark, New York, Paris, San Francisco and Sydney.* . (*Operates through PGIM (Australia) Pty Ltd.) For more information, please visit prudentialcapitalgroup.com
Prudential Capital Group is seeking a Vice President of Marketing Communication & Administration (MC&A). The Marketing Communication & Administration team is responsible for three business areas: 1) marketing (digital and social), Public relations and advertising; 2) internal conferences, training programs, and external client events; and 3) university recruiting program. The qualified candidate will be responsible for global strategy, development, overall execution and will be accountable for the results of all programs related to all three business areas supporting PCG’s global businesses. The individual, while leading and managing a team of marketing, conference planning and recruiting professionals, will also work with internal PGIM and Prudential partners and external vendors on various marketing initiatives, including digital communications, social media, video production, advertising, media relations, event planning and market research. The position will be located in Newark or Chicago.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
· Create, develop and recommend PCG’s marketing strategies related to growing various business results
· Maintain and refresh PCGs brand image and message to reflect and communicate the strength of our reputation both internally and externally
· Maintain a strong understanding of the market, key trends, client needs, and competition
· Develop reporting and analytical metrics essential to measuring marketing strategies, programs, budgets and processes globally
· Develop and manage a marketing team responsible for executing on all business strategies globally
· Collaborate with senior leaders and managers across PCG’s regional offices and in multiple geographies to translate business objectives into effective marketing strategies and campaigns
· Create and/or oversee external content and internal communications that position PCG effectively with key stakeholders, including speechwriting and group presentations
· Partner with internal stakeholders (CMOs, Global Marketing, Legal/Compliance etc.) to cultivate productive relationships and execute on marketing priorities across business units
· Oversee marketing budget, and develop processes, governance and tools used to evaluate the effectiveness and value of various marketing activities
· Lead PCG’s conference and event strategy through managing the development and execution of PCG’s internal conferences and multiple global client events.
· Manage PCG’s Campus Recruiting Program in partnership with Prudential’s Campus Recruiting area and PCG’s regional office network
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 15+ years of business experience, with 10+ years of marketing and communication strategy including digital platforms, social, content, as well as media relations.
· Understand of finance and banking, financial markets, industry trends, client needs and competition, and regulator priorities related to marketing is a must
· Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business goals into marketing plans
· Must have superior communication skills, both written and verbal; able to create and write marketing collateral, white papers, presentations and speeches.
· Strong team leadership skills with the ability to manage, develop and mentor others
· Must have strong command of project management, contract negotiation, and vendor
relations preferably in an asset management or large, financial services organization;
oversight of event management a strong plus
· Ability to anticipate and assess future trends and opportunities impacting the industry
and business/client base
· Must have a strong command of digital and social marketing communications
· Ability to transform strategy into action and drive results
· Candidate must be strategic while also able to execute on strategy
· Creative problem solver with the courage and persistency to strive for results
· Collaborative working style with an ability to influence others
· Comfortable working with senior management in a demanding, high profile role
· Self-starter with high level of energy, urgency and personal responsibility and accountability
· Results-orientation with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner
· Travel required as needed