Shared Services: Value Added Service/Output Services/Financial Control Services (FCS) at TSYS
Posted in Finance 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Columbus, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties. Devise improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Perform work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
What Part Will You Play?
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) of the system and validates test results. Creates test designs based on project requirements and acts in a consultant capacity for other team members in the department on testing software techniques. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when answering questions or providing guidance on complex projects (as defined by the client) to internal and external customers (i.e. other departments, clients). Designs complex contingency plans as needed. Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during testing.
- Provides expert advice and interpretation of requirements to design in-depth testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs). Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design as it relates to the testing design. Recognizes the interrelationships between the various functional components of the system (i.e. collections, posting, and authorizations) and the business, technical and project requirements to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution and validation. Performs risk assessment and analysis requirements for integrated testing. Coordinates and provides expert instruction on appropriate test designs, plans and strategies to ensure that new functionality does not adversely affect current software functionality.
- Provides SME advice, interpretation and analysis on design processes aimed at increased efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance) and use of automated testing tools to create, design and execute test plans. Consults with technical resources in the testing environment when making decisions regarding the best use of test automation tools.
- As the SME, collaborates and partners with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop complex test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Uses experience to make insightful and logical decisions on plans, conditions and cases. Develops, administers and recommends best practices to perform specialized and in-depth test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Communicates with manager on a regular basis (project requirements, issues resolutions, etc.), and disseminates information to project sponsors, business analysts, and programmers. Evaluates, interprets and provides guidance on the various components of systems, applications and multiple environments and advises leadership on complex issues.
- Provides SME interpretation on developing non-routine documentation of test/defect reports and uses experience and expertise to follow more difficult and intricate defects through to resolution and closure. Reviews documentation such as business and technical specifications in order to ensure that the documentation is updated and accurate.
- Maintains, administers, interprets and communicates procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities.
- Provides guidance to Test Analysts and advises leadership on complex issues. Provides the highest level of business/technical expertise, providing both internal and external consulting services; plans, conducts, and executes research and/or development work on more complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- As the Subject Matter Expert, (SME) acts as a single point of contact for large and / or highly complex client projects with regard to test activities and provides expertise to other Test Analyst. . Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certification
- Preferred knowledge of Value Added Service and Output Services.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- IBM Mainframe Systems - TSO, JHS, CICS
- Software Tools - HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM File Manager, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quick Test Professional/Unified Functional Testing, SoapUI, Soap Sonar, HP Service Test, MS Visual Studio, HP Performance Center/Load Runner, Jmeter, IBM Rational Team Concert, Selenium, Eclipse, SQL Profiler, Putty, Toad, Junit and Nunit Testing Frameworks, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Paragon Fast Test, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.