Patient Access Rep II - BBJ Beaumont at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Beaumont, TexasJob Description:
Join the team at the hospital that was voted "Best Hospital and Best Workplace" by the readers of the Beaumont Enterprise.
Patient Access Representatives provide our award winning healthcare team with comprehensive administrative support. Patient access representatives serve as the first point of contact for patients and exemplify personal warmth, patient engagement, and professionalism. Patient Access Representatives support departmental teams and interact with patients, families, and health care providers.
Responsibilities include numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, collections for all patient portions including prior balances and balancing of cash at shift end. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access Representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
This advanced level position is designed to promote the demonstrated knowledge and competency of Patient Access duties in multiple areas, including a demonstrated ability to use good judgment in making independent decisions to resolve customer issues in all routine operations.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate degree preferred with emphasis in health/business related field.
* Successful completion of the core educational curriculum "Excellence at the Front End" required within one year of employment.
* Two (2) years experience in hospital registration or a comparable position preferred.
* Certified Healthcare Access Associate through National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) required.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System family!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled