LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse - Nursing Home - PRN at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Monroe, LouisianaJob Description:
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents for a designated time frame and provides care to these residents via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN/RN in this state
* Knowledge of education responsibilites to staff, community and students; a well-integrated personality; an understanding and appreciation of good physical and mental health
* Knowledge of the nursing process, pharmacology and medical procedures which may be encountered in the program, communication skills, interest in continued professional growth
* Knowledge of new trends in mental health nursing or recovery process from chemical dependency; and can adapt to progressive change
* Minimum two years prior LPN/LVN experience required
* Experience working with elderly adults in nursing home setting preferred
* Current license to practice vocational nursing in the State of Louisiana required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled