Nursing Director at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
This position is responsible for the effective implementation of nursing operations for assigned unit(s). Effects departmental outcomes through interpretation, implementation, and evaluation of hospital and departmental outcomes philosophy, policies, and procedures. Facilitates intra and interdepartmental communication and collaboration to promote excellence in patient care and enhance patient outcomes. Effectively manages utilization of staff and material resources so that the most therapeutically effective patient care is provided in a cost-effective manner. Promotes the professional development of the patient care staff assigned to the unit(s).
In addition, the Director of Business Integration will partner with IM to facilitate development and execution of project work plans for RCBS related initiatives. As needed, the position will actively proactively work on revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of clinic operations. This position will act as a crucial business partner with internal teams to ensure timelines and quality of deliverables are met, capture plan deviation and lead discussion for alternative actions, give guidance to business leaders, and provide a smooth transition to operations
A. Education and Training:
* Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited nursing program. Masters degree is preferred.
* Requires a minimum of five years of experience. Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing) and/or supervisory experience are required.
* Requires a current TX Registered Nurse License. CPR/BLS is required.
D. EQUIPMENT AND SKILLS:
* Requires the highest standards of professional and personal ethics that conform with the Mission and Philosophy of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care and the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
* Requires advanced knowledge of general nursing theory, practice and trends and be able to apply the knowledge to complex problems.
* Requires demonstration of management and leadership skills such as decision making, problem solving, delegation and prioritizing.
* Requires basic computer knowledge.
* Requires an understanding of budgets and financial management of hospital units.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
* Must be able to organize, coordinate and direct; demonstrate judgement, diplomacy, assertiveness and initiative.
* Requires ability to respond to multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to handle high levels of stress.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Works in a clean well-lighted environment. Hours will be long. Will be called in or scheduled for weekend or evening activities as needed. Regular local travel to appointments and frequent trips throughout hospital are required. May be exposed to body fluids and infectious disease.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled