RN PRN, Registered Nurse- Emergency Room at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
This is a PRN position. Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
* Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
* BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
* Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Additional requirements for RN staff:
* Current PALS and/or ENPC certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
* Current ACLS certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
* Current TNCC or completion within 12 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
* Yearly attendance at Annual Nursing Competency Day.
* Completion of all annual competency verification requirements.
* Crisis Intervention training within 12 months of hire and maintain training annually thereafter.
* Completion of an evidence based triage curriculum within:
* 6 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience).
* 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience).
* All newly hired experienced RNs must attend New Nurses Orientation within the first 30 days of hire and take the PBDS (Performance Based Development System) assessment before any hands on patient care occurs.
* New hires are precepted by a staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation, any assigned coursework from the post-PBDS education, and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled