Gunite Batch Truck Driver - Antelope, CA at Preferred Materials Inc.
Posted in Drivers 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Antelope, California
Job ID: 128067
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Primary Job Function:
Drivers are responsible for loading their trucks with a front end loader and cement silo. They then accompany the gunite crew to each job. Upon arrival, they help to set up the equipment which includes unloading an air driven hopper and rolling out the hoses. Assist the gunite crew with set up of jobsite(s) to include protection of the environment, and surrounding real property. While the crew is working on the project, the driver runs the sand/cement off of their truck into the hopper and regulates the air flow from the compressor as needed. Upon completion of each job, drivers help to clean up the site and re-load the equipment. There are two drivers assigned to each crew. While one driver is running off their material, the other is expected to ensure that both the mixing auger on their truck and the spare hopper is chipped out.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities:
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while performing all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards. Must be able to safely operate and perform the tasks in accordance with the DOT regulations.
- Conducts Pre/Post Trip Inspections Daily.
- Inspects and maintains augers, guns and hose(s) to insure that all are in proper working condition for safe operation. Makes repairs as necessary and immediately reports any deficiencies which may present safety or quality concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains constant visual contact with the gunite crew and uses established methods of communication, such as hand signals, to insure proper material flow to the nozzle.
- Assists gunite crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and equipment.
- Keeps both guns clean at all times.
- Lubes all chains on batch truck daily.
- Keeps mixing augers chipped, cleaned & greased daily.
- Batch truck drivers and gunmen are responsible for whips and bull hoses.
One year commercial driving experience is required. Must have a valid Class A or B CDL License.
Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to the construction industry.
Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction industry.
Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
Ability to perform heavy manual task under varying weather conditions.
Must be able to operate manual transmission.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. The Preferred Materials Region includes; Preferred Materials Asphalt & Construction, Preferred Materials Concrete & Building Products, and Conrad Yelvington Distributors.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.