Manufacturing Planning Analyst* ∞ (Valley, NE) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Valley, Nebraska
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Planning Analyst for the Personal Safety Division located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Planning Analyst will…. Manage supply chain product flow to support customer requirements. Schedules procurement and manufacturing for a specified group of products. Reviews material flow parameters such as order quantity, lot size, make cycle frequency, replenishment interval, and recommends appropriate levels to support the business/customer requirements. Manages raw material and semi-finished inventory buffer quantities. Monitors and reports capacity requirements, special order and stock service levels. Continuously works to improve the planning and scheduling process. Identifies ways to improve customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain efficiency to achieve measurable results; participates in implementation. The supervisor provides guidance and is consulted for assistance in problem areas and major changes to supply chain parameters.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Valley/Plant/?SMSESSION=NO
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
(Job duties that occupy 5% or more of the incumbent’s time and/or which are critical to the successful performance of the position.)
- Planning, Scheduling and Reporting: Procures materials and schedules production. Works closely with business unit/division to understand customer requirements and forecasts. Analyzes short- and mid-term supply chain capacity to determine equipment loading and staffing resources. Responsible for establishing procurement and manufacturing plans, and executes them to meet current and future customer/business requirements. Makes routine planning adjustments to assure schedule attainment. Coordinates phase in/phase out and/or new product introduction activities to maximize customer service and met business requirements. Reviews major supply chain parameter changes with management and implements agreed upon plan. Regularly reports supply chain performance metrics (cycle time, customer service, inventory level, etc,) to monitor progress. Participates in the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process as required. (75%)
- Supply Chain Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities to improve the supply chain speed, efficiency, and inventory investment. Participates in development of improvement plans, reviews with management, and facilitates implementation to achieve desired results. Utilizes tracking systems to measure and report progress. Responsible for learning current supply chain tools, methods and implementation techniques such as constraint management, drum-buffer-rope, demand management. (10%)
- Inventory Asset Management: Analyzes variability within the supply chain and establishes appropriate inventory buffer locations and levels for raw materials and in-process material relative to customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain constraints. Directly responsible for raw material and in-process inventory levels for a specified group of products. Defines and recommends to plant management the inventory approach that fits current and future business needs, and implements agreed upon recommendations. Utilizes/develops tracking systems to manage progress and report results. Monitors non-working inventory and recommends disposition. (10%)
- Managing the Supply Chain Product Flow: Becomes familiar with the impact of procurement intervals, production cycles, lot sizes, process waste, rates, replenishment quantities and intervals, etc., on variability and product flow, and identifies how changes to these supply chain parameters will improve the ability to meet customer and business requirements. Makes recommendations to management and facilitates implementation. Applies constraint management concepts to optimize performance. Continuously improves the manufacturing planning process by maintaining data integrity and accuracy. Regularly monitors progress and reports results. Provides direction to focus factory team or work group. Manages work processes with related work groups or teams to meet objectives.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in Supply Chain in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience with SAP/ERP
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in supply chain management, production operations management, materials management, or engineering from an accredited university
- Knowledge and application of supply chain methodology such as synchronous/constraint management, Six Sigma, process reengineering and technical tools such as spreadsheets and modeling software
- Demonstrates computer literacy, and good working knowledge of applicable software and plant systems.
- Communication, planning/coordinating and administrative skills are also required. Ability to work across functions within a team setting is required.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of product performance and customer requirements.
- APICS certified
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with SAP/ERP
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in Distribution Management, Carrier Scheduling and Coordination, and/or Freight Optimization in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience working on international teams
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to adapt / excellent change management skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience making prompt, decisive and correct actions for abnormal conditions
Location: Valley, NE
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.