Converting Operator 5/18 ∞ at 3M
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Clinton, Tennessee
3M is seeking a Converting Operator for the facility located in Clinton, Tennessee. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The person hired for the position of converting operator will serve a new manufacturing area within the 3M Clinton site. These employees will commonly be referenced as a converting operator or a production operator. Employees will be cross trained in all of functions of the area and must perform all area functional tasks on a rotational basis. Examples of these tasks include the following.
- Operate, monitor, and control converting equipment to safely manufacture quality products
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipment operator for the following processes
- Unwind equipment
- Quality inspection
- Operator robotic palletizer
- Production reporting
- Material handling tasks (identify, allocate, retrieve and stage material)
- Ability to obtain and maintain Powered Industrial Vehicle license
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Flexible shift schedules (First, second, or third depending on business needs)
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum 3 three years of manufacturing experience
- Associates Degree
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Location: Clinton, TN
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This posting is for a Converting Operator position at 3M Clinton. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Converting Operator openings occur at 3M Clinton, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until 11/15/2018 – 6 MONTHS FROM INITIAL POSTING. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
See job description.