3M HIS Java Programming Internship (Taylorsville, UT) at 3M
Posted in Health Care 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Taylorsville, Utah
3M is seeking a Computer Science/Medical Informatics Intern for the summer of 2018 for the Health Information Systems Division located in Taylorsville, UT.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-14 week assignment starting in May 2018.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2018.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Using Java to extend a program that supports ontology development for medical terminologies in the 3M Healthcare Data Dictionary (HDD), an application containing web services and a relational database
- Participating in biomedical informatics projects such as medical terminology modeling (developing formal semantic types and explicit terminology models)
- Enhancing medical terminology tooling such as adding the ability to provide RDF output; developing software to manage ontology – enabling the loading, viewing and editing of created content models
- Performing software development and testing
- Participating on engineering design teams
- Working across the entire product development life cycle
- Working in an Agile and Scrum environment
- Communicating results in both oral and written form (including submissions to biomedical informatics journal seeking publication)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- One (1) year of Java programming experienceComputer science/engineering coursework and/or hands-on computer programming experience if degree is not in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Master’s and doctoral degree candidates in Medical Informatics are encouraged to apply
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering undergraduates are encouraged to apply
Location: Taylorsville, UT
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
See job description.