Transportation Coordinator Lead* ∞ (Valley, NE) at 3M
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Valley, Nebraska
3M is seeking a Transportation Coordinator Lead for the Personal Safety Division located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Transpiration Coordinator Lead will…. provide transportation support services to assigned product divisions, plants, branches and shipping/receiving locations. To communicate with assigned locations regarding operational transportation issues in order to meet service requirements.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Valley/Plant/?SMSESSION=NO
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
(Job duties that occupy 5% or more of the incumbent’s time and/or which are critical to the successful performance of the position.)
- Provides basic transportation assistance to assigned locations regarding carrier routing and mode selection, transportation performance standards and carrier optimization. Utilizes knowledge of assigned product divisions, shipping/receiving locations, carriers of products, customer requirements and basic level of systems interface. (50%)
- Communicates with assigned product divisions and locations on operational transportation issues to ensure service requirements are met. Assists other work group analysts, division and plant materials control, shipping/receiving and carrier personnel with short-term operational and analytical task-related activities. (25%)
- Monitors changes to procedures at assigned locations to foster division transportation objectives such as cost reduction, improved customer service and improved inventory utilization. (15%)
- Completes special projects assigned by supervisor or lead analyst. Acquires additional logistics and human resource education and training courses as needed. (10%)
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in Distribution Management, Carrier Scheduling and Coordination, and/or Freight Optimization in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration and/or Supply Chain from an accredited university
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in Distribution Management, Carrier Scheduling and Coordination, and/or Freight Optimization in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience working on international teams
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to adapt / excellent change management skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience making prompt, decisive and correct actions for abnormal conditions
Location: Valley, NE
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.