Manufacturing Associate 5/18 ∞ at 3M
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Associate for the Industrial Business Group located in Charlotte, NC. Here, we go.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow standard operating procedures to assemble, test and package products
- Follow all job safety recommendations
- Enter data into ERP systems
- Experienced in the use of hand tools, powered tools including routers, sanders, dremmel tools and measuring devices
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also to take direction from team members in a small but highly motivated manufacturing team
- Must have excellent housekeeping skills and be able to work with a very sticky Epoxy adhesive and 2-propanl without causing contamination of product, tools and equipment.
- This is in Liqi-Cels most physically demanding production area. Some of the jobs the applicant will be required to do:
- Hold one end of a 10” diameter stainless steel pipe while using a custom tool to manually push a very tight o-ring into place with the other hand
- Lift a 40” long pipe over the potting bundles
- Maneuver drum dollies containing 55 gallons of Epoxy
- Manually break loose large 1” nuts from epoxy potting molds
- Manually break loose large epoxy cartridges from the potting molds
- Maneuver 3” water lines into place during testing
- Manually slide tight plastic sleeve over large bundle diameters
- Maneuver a production cart containing 300 lbs. of product down the hallway to the other production area 150 yards away
- Work in a wet testing environment--will be required to wear water proof safety shoes
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Split shifts and/or a flexible work schedule
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing and/or mechanical assembly experience
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum three (3) years of mechanical assembly experience
- Previous experience using hand and/or power tools
Location: Charlotte, NC
Relocation: is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Manufacturing Associate position at 3M Charlotte. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Manufacturing Associate openings occur at 3M Charlotte, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until 11/15/2018. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.