Facilities Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Real Estate 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Working Location: Maryland
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 5 years
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 5%
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all R&D laboratories and pilot plant, CH R&D laboratories and pilot plant and all WREF office accommodation. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment
This role will provide ongoing support to WREF Operations, responsible for Facilities Services and Capital Projects programme management. This will include the development and improvement of process that support the operational delivery model and interfaces with other GSK functions, service partners and other 3rd party providers.
The purpose of this role is to support the consistent delivery of facilities and services, working to ensure they are aligned to the local needs and priorities of the business, and to ensure that cost, quality and compliance metrics are achieved by key contract partners.
The incumbent will be responsible for regional compliance to external licensing and statutory requirements for services provided by WREF.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Verification and approval of all contract partners Critical and Key Performance Indicators – ensuring GSK’s support services requirements are met.
• Identification and evaluation of business driven variations to service delivery – local approval and escalation
• Lead investigations and remedial plans in the site for ; significant service failures, critical/major audit findings, dispute resolution and process improvements
• Champion implementation of standards and process improvement initiatives from WREF service towers into site delivery teams
• GSK responsible person for external licence or statutory duty holder requirements in WREF areas of responsibility.
• Manage ‘one off’ business projects as required by WREF Site Operations Director
• Representing these FM needs and priorities into WREF budgeting, and tower service specifications.
• Determine site facilities and utilities development needs and priorities in conjunction with contract partners. Represent these needs and priorities into WREF service towers
• Maintain ethics and compliance values even when potential risk exists
• Execute remediation plans from policy gap assessments. Escalating risks and or conflicts with local customer ways of working
• Deploy compliance processes locally and Identify/escalate operational risks to governance teams
• Higher level technical qualifications in an engineering or facilities-related discipline with a minimum of 5 years practical experience.
• Proven record of management of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility, including a GxP environment
• Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
• Experience of Lean Sigma/OE/ADP techniques
• Thorough understanding of statutory legislation responsibilities in a technically complex environment.
• Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
• Financially literate, analyzes budget performance for WREF/CBS cost centres, Capex and P&L
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.