Injection Molding Engineer at Cooper Standard Automotive Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Responsible for the design, acquisition and implementation of new or prototype special machinery and tooling required to support plastic injection molding operations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not bound by the following list of job duties.
- Must be able to submit Cost justification for new or modified Mold Capital and track the project cost throughout the program. Must be able to work with the Financial group to track and forecast cost of projects.
- Responsible for maintaining new finish tooling project timing, cost and budget tracking and project files. Participate in the creation of Process Flow Diagrams and Failure Mode Effect Analysis for new finish tooling and related equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring part samples are off of new or prototype tooling for PPAP on time for submission to Quality Assurance Department.
- Contribute to product design during the development stage to ensure that the end result not only meets the customer’s functional and aesthetic requirements, but lends itself to reasonable production methods.
- Must support production, if issues arise with a Molding operation on the floor, need to be able to review the situation and make recommendations on how to get the cell back up and running as soon as possible.
- Identify and pursue potential enhancements in new molding equipment that would result in cost savings, quality, safety and ergonomic improvements. Troubleshoot quality and processing concerns with new mold tooling and equipment, and then implement correction action. Inspect and verify incoming mold tooling and equipment to ensure they meet original build specifications.
- Provides input for selection of Mold vendor to support the startup of prototype or production tools.
- Work with designers and CAD pool to specify, recommend and verify product design data for accuracy and validity. Work with this group to specify and implement data exchange between our facility and our tooling vendors.
- Supports the Quality Management System for the facility
- Participates in and support the Environmental Management system for the facility.
May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- Four-year College or University Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or related field preferred
- Associates degree in engineering with 3 to 5 years of on the job experience in the field of Injection molding.