INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE REPAIRMAN - PLYWOOD at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Prosperity, South Carolina
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, consumer products, packaging, paper, cellulose and chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The Prosperity Plywood Maintenance & Reliability department has an opening for a critical role to the team. Please read the key responsibilities and basic qualifications below for the INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE REPAIRMAN role.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Driving Prosperity’s safety culture to a higher level which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a safe environment, sustaining a high level of housekeeping, ensuring all work is accomplished without a safety incident and abiding by Georgia Pacific safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment for improved reliability
- Completing work orders and turning in daily
- This person who accepts this position will be required to complete computer-based training, on-the-job training as well as classroom training.
What You Will Need:
- Must be willing to adhere to safety rules and regulations, wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
- At least 6 months of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that including, but not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work at heights, in confined spaces, over water and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Candidate must supply personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Must be willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for an extended period (lifting, walking, climbing, twisting, stooping)
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to use a computer to compose/send emails, complete computer-based training, etc.
- Must be able to accurately perform mathematical functions
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience operating mobile or industrial equipment
- Basic knowledge of welding/fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and replacing mechanical devices (cylinders, valves, sprockets, chains, etc.)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- At least 1 year of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or similar environment OR currently have or pursuing a technical degree in a mechanical or related field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf