The UM/CM Assistant is responsible for performing a broad variety of medical management administrative support duties.
The UM/CM Assistant is responsible for providing technical and clerical support to the case management department.
To assist the registered nurse (RN) and LVN’s (Licensed Vocational Nurses) with specific patient interventions to promote optimal levels of health care.
- Completes data entry and documentation as necessary and directed by supervisor
- Provide support to UM/CM clinical team when initiating member contact to provide specific non-clinical healthcare information
- Answers department telephone calls and triages appropriately
- Provides clerical support to department that includes but is not limited to copying, faxing, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems, including updating materials, retrieving information and ensuring accuracy of files.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Generally assists the UM/CM team
- Minimum one (1) year experience in managed health care, hospital or physician’s office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service preferred.
- Computer experience: Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication.