Sr Account Executive Energy Solutions at Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
Under general direction, responsible for the sale of large, complex, bundled solution offerings with guaranteed savings to K-12 (public & private), Higher Education (public & private), Local Government and other public sector agencies at the C-level. This position is responsible for selling multi-million dollar Performance Infrastructure projects that positively impact the learning & living environments that our clients provide to their constituents. Gain access to and establish sales calls with School District Superintendents & CFO’s, College Presidents & CFO’s, City Managers, Mayors, County Managers, elected officials and council/board members. Cultivate new relationships, leverage existing reference base and manage active targeted marketing campaigns to build and balance a sustainable pipeline of business. Build relationships with State Energy Office, Local Government Commission and other state regulatory bodies. Manage a team of engineering, operations and proposal development resources to customize solutions with measured outcomes for the client.
How you will do it
- Sells, with minimal supervision, JCI solutions persuasively, persistently and confidently to K-12 (public & private), Higher Education (public & private), Local Government and other public sector agencies at the C-level with a focus on Performance Contracting.
- Uses the Challenger Sales Model to demonstrate JCI value at the executive level by providing solutions that positively impact business and financial challenges in a collaborative environment.
- Builds partnering relationships with the executive, financial & technical buyers responsible for the decision making process to drive the solution sale from first call through close.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies challenges & concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language.
- Demonstrates financial and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with prospective customers.
- Develops network of contacts within the client, contractor, political & influencer communities.
- Understands and leverages sales process milestones as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes and commitments. Documents progress in salesforce.com.
- Differentiates JCI from competitors based on business benefits and knowledge of competitor’s business strategies to address objections and resistance early in the selling process.
- Effectively communicates with fellow team members, resources and branch partners in the geography.
- Effectively writes, presents and communicates proposals.
- Three (3) years’ experience selling into K-12 (public & private), Higher Education (public & private), Local Government and other public sector agencies at the C-level.
- Strong understanding of a conceptual & complex sales process and the dynamics of what it takes to sell multi-million dollar contracts through a long sales cycle.
- Experience with leveraging a value proposition, linking it to the offering and gaining access to decision makers.
- Drive the sales process, not be reactionary.
- Financial acumen.
- Strategic thinker, self- driven, with a strong drive to succeed.
- Magnetic personality with a desire to win.
- ~20-30% overnight travel.
- Experience navigating highly political organizations
- BA degree/MBA
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.