UX Designer at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work on projects that solve a variety of problems.
· Collaborate with product managers, engineers and business partners with different backgrounds
· Conduct user research and translate insights into tangible designs.
· Design and prototype websites, apps, and other digital experiences with human-centered insights and needs at their core.
· As an advocate of exceptional design, you will elevate ideas and interactions with beautiful and thoughtful creativity.
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
- · First and foremost you’re a great human-centered designer and you have a portfolio to showcase your work
- · Experience working with team members from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
- · Ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity
- · Passion for design and learning new methods of designing customer experiences
- Mobile first design process and a portfolio demonstrating responsive design processes
- · Curious mindset and enthusiasm for exploring new opportunities and design solutions
- · Understanding of basic Human Centered Design philosophy, comfortable with ambiguity and pushing design methodologies
- · Applied skills in real-world human problems (not just artistic or academic exercises). Designing solutions which are always grounded in some insight(s) about people
- Experience conducting user research and interviews.
- Prototyping digital products, services and experiences in different fidelities and for different purposes
- Storytelling: Ability to tell compelling project stories to product managers, engineers and business partners
- Knowing what is possible to do with code and preferably being comfortable writing some of your own
- Past experience working with Agile development teams
- An associate’s degree in design coupled with some work experience in relevant field
- Solid grasp of standard design tools such as :
- Sketch and Invision
- Adobe Creative Suite
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network Assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.