Groundskeeper at University of Houston - Victoria
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Victoria, Texas
Maintains campus grounds and operates mowing and other power equipment.
- Operates large mowing equipment and tractors to mow campus lawns.
- Operates small power equipment such as line trimmers, lawn mowers, gasoline edgers and mowers to trim and manicure campus grounds.
- Under supervision, prunes trees and shrubs.
- Assists with application of fertilizers and horticultural chemicals.
- Plants and cares for flowers and ground cover beds and assists with landscape projects as instructed.
- Pulls, chops, hoes and removes weeds.
- Picks up trash, paper and debris.
- Sweeps and maintains parking lots and sidewalks.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including set-ups and preventative maintenance.
Sufficient education to communicate in English, both oral and written, and (2) years groundskeeping experience; prefer pesticide applicators license