Field Engineer at Liebert Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
- Troubleshoot, test, and inspect electrical apparatus. Perform as “lead” person on projects. Perform other assignments as required. Position requires some technical supervision.
- Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, simple relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class.
- Test and troubleshoot moderately complex electrical systems, simple relay systems and power metering.
- May perform simple power system studies including short circuit and protective device coordination.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- May perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment-labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Take an active role in business development and expansion.
- Perform all functions pertaining to a written job proposal to a client, including estimate of man-hours and expenses, and development of scope and pricing.
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and no experience. OR Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and three years minimum same or similar work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and four years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Passed NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; doesn't blame others for his/her own mistakes or misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Standing Alone – Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk from personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; looks forward to taking charge of a problem or issue; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear testing through the 15 kV class.
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
- Good judgment, dependable, supervises projects with technical expertise and good business management skills.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research, and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100 pound test sets.
- Valid Driver’s License.