Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brewton, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician- Brewton, AL
Are you a safety-minded individual with a passion for troubleshooting and repairing electrical or mechanical issues? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you! Our Georgia-Pacific Mill in Brewton, AL is currently seeking a Maintenance E&I Technician for our Brewton, AL facility. In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize strong electrical skills and knowledge focusing on PLCs, A/C and D/C motors and drives, control logic, schematics and troubleshooting leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the production and maintenance teams to achieve these goals.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Perform electrical maintenance tasks relative to the maintenance department’s workload
- Perform preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders
- Monitor equipment and machinery for electrical maintenance deficiencies
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least five (5) years of electrical troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined space
What Will Put You Ahead?
- At least three (3) years of industrial electrician experience
- Experience using burner management systems, automatic control valves and pressure temperature measurement systems
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Our facility in Brewton, AL is a leading pulp and paper mill and a part of Georgia- Pacific’s Packaging division. We specialize in the manufacture of printing and writing papers, coated papers, as well as tissue and specialty paper grades. To learn more about the facility in Brewton, AL visit www.gppackaging.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf