ELECTRICIAN at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Electrician – West Monroe, LA
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo.
Our Georgia-Pacific location in West Monroe, LA is looking for our next Electrician team member.
Georgia-Pacific’s facility in West Monroe, LA operates some of the industry’s most sophisticated and modern equipment, such as flexo folder gluers and a flatbed die cutter to provide the widest range of corrugated packaging today. We hope to continue major projects to more capably support the plants long-term business prospects. To learn more about this facility and our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC’s, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components and power transmission systems
- Utilize diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications in order to maintain and properly fix machinery issues
- Lubricate equipment as needed and identify and communicate opportunities to improve the lube program through improved techniques, technology and knowledge sharing
- Provide backup coverage for the waste water treatment system and learn how to properly operate and perform basic troubleshooting of the waste water treatment system
What You Will Need:
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
- Experience reading technical drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Willing and able to work any shift to include: holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in elevated spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in a containerboard/packaging facility
- Experience troubleshooting boiler operations
- Experience with waste water treatment
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf