Aircraft Maintenance Technician at Thales Avionics, Inc. (IFE)
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader.
We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year on the more than 150,000 systems delivered. Our InFlyt Experience team continues to power the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class customer experience – so be a part of something big, join Thales.
We are currently looking for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join the Thales IFE team in San Francisco, CA at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician tests, repairs, services and modifies Inflyt Entertainment (IFE) equipment in accordance with FAA regulations, company Inspection Procedures Manuals (IPM), and Customer Maintenance Manuals (AMM).
- Modifying equipment according to service bulletin or manufacturer documentation
- Completing quality and production documentation, prepare estimates and maintain maintenance documentation according to Quality Assurance requirements
- Attend on-site and or off-site company training sessions (occasional travel)
- Performs data and administrative entries using MXI and SERVO Maintenance software platform
- Requires Airframe & Powerplant License (A&P) issued by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) the as well as knowledge on Information Technology (i.e. Ethernet networks).
- Airframe & Powerplant License must be active (within the past 24 months) or obtained within the past 24 months.
- Candidate must be familiar with static sensitive devices (ESD) principles and Aircraft FOD (Foreign Object Damage).
- Proven customer focus with an ability to resolve complex issues.
- Must have the minimum ability to solve High School Graduate math skill level.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Thales USA, we provide careers – not jobs.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.