Director, Finance at Flex
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Finance Director is responsible for managing the activities of a team of financial professionals in the Design & Innovation group business unit and ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data as well as developing, implementing and maintaining systems (Plan View), procedures and policies in order to ensure accurate data that is in compliance with corporate and legislative requirements.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Manage preparation of quarterly financial reporting package for leadership review.
- Consolidation & analysis of Design & Innovation reports, pulling data from Plan View Project Mgmt System
- Coordinate forecast process
- Be the segment finance & Ops business partner
- Be Plan View SME & drive data accuracy in the system
- High level financial analysis ad-hoc
- Travel to sites to attend QBRs (minimum annual) & workshops
- Establish operational objectives and assignments.
- Develop and establish financial reporting requirements.
- Support external auditors in their examination of quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Ensure monthly informative account analysis and reconciliations are performed.
- Coach and mentor financial professionals in organization.
- Be abreast of industry trends and apply to business model as appropriate.
- Analyze market practice to benchmark current systems and controls to verify systems and process integrity in order to enhance the Company's value.
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Finance including direct supervision
- Ability to extract data and translate into meaningful analysis for the business
- Experience working with ERP systems and tools
- Strong analytical capabilities and experience
- Ability to influence and manage working relationships cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
Here is some of our preferred experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility
- Matching 401k
- Tracking Free Attendance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryFinanceFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.