Truck Loader - Hauppauge, NY at Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Posted in Transportation 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HAUPPAUGE, New York
Job ID: 136702
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This position requires that glass be organized, staged, and then loaded onto company delivery vehicle. The majority of the handling of the glass is done manually.
Normal hours are 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM Monday through Friday. There is MANDATORY overtime. Overtime will usually be at the end of the shift, but can also occur on Saturday or Sunday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to use and understand computerized tracking systems, delivery receipts, and production labels to effectively plan truck routes
- Locate product in the facility, and load production on the truck in the reverse order of the route
- Handle product in a manner that will not cause damage to the product or injury to self or others
- Recognize product defects and notify supervisor immediately of any issues
- Ensure truck is on level ground before loading
- When loading items, keep weight of product evenly distributed on the vehicle
- Load product on truck securely enough to move vehicle out of loading bay, and leave room for poles and straps so that truck driver may properly secure load for safe delivery to customer
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Dolly, crane, glass cups, tape measure, and computer
- Basic computer familiarity
- Read and use a tape measure
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through high school education or equivalency
- Ability to squat, crouch, bend, twist, lift, pull, reach, and walk frequently every day
- Ability to grasp and squeeze small parts and large items
- Ability to stand on concrete, wearing safety boots, for up to 12 hours per day
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.