Senior Test Editor, Enthusiast Group at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emmaus, Pennsylvania
HDM’s Enthusiast Group is seeking a Senior Test Editor, Cycling. This person will be responsible for directing, creating and editing cycling-related gear content across all channels of Bicycling and through any cycling-related spaces within the Enthusiast Group, and serve as the primary gear- and tech-relevant interface with endemic industries, working to get exclusive and in-depth coverage of the most-important and most-influential products. The STEC will originate, plan, and execute industry- and sport-leading editorial and initiatives related to gear, performing against metrics established by the group’s Test Director and Director of Content Operations. The ideal candidate will bring sufficiently deep knowledge, experience, and acumen in the cycling space to work with the Editorial Director and the brand’s Chief Enthusiast to determine the direction, attitude, and scope of Bicycling; also serves as a key interface with the endemic industry, customers, and audience; and in all ways embodies the Bicycling brand while maximizing the monetization of the brand's expertise in gear testing and coverage.
The role is based in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
· Work with the Test and Digital Directors to plan and publish cycling content in line with performance metrics
· Guide, edit, and mentor the group’s Test Editors, Cycling
· Nurture and elevate the authenticity, urgency, and enthusiast aesthetic of Bicycling’s gear coverage
· Represent Bicycling and cycling-related Group brands to the endemic running industry and community
· 10+ years experience in cycling media, cycling test programs, or active-lifestyle media
· 10+ years experience in cycling participation
· Standing relationships with endemic industry (such as bike, component, and apparel manufacturers)
· Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
· Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
· Must be able to work flexible hours as needed