Integrated Marketing Communications Manager at Mars Incorporated
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Integrated Marketing Communications Manager will ensure 360-degree development of the marketing communications strategies across key owned and earned channels and is directly responsible for content marketing, social media, PR/media relations, as well as thought leadership across the Customer Experience. This position will create and manage the integrated marketing communications editorial calendar and ensure all content and deadlines are met. S/he will ensure incorporation and consistency with brand guidelines and will integrate all product launch “assets” including content, photography/video, digital graphics. This position is responsible for managing PR/social media resources and budget as well as KPI tracking and reporting. This role will manage agencies and contractors for the development of marketing and content assets.
• Development and implementation of Content Marketing (blogs, white papers, web content, etc.) strategy, tactical execution and effectiveness tracking.
• Social Media strategy and editorial calendar development and implementation; KPI tracking.
• Proactive and reactive brand PR/Media Relations inclusive of brand communications, thought leadership and new product and partnership news.
• Effective and efficient budget and resource allocation to achieve goals.
• Identification, management, and seamless coordination with external agencies
• Ensure all externally-facing messaging is representative of the Mars, Incorporated culture and brand guidelines
• Create and update Drinks’ message map and reputation building tools (key message documents, spokesperson toolkits, PPT presentations, etc.)
• Works alongside Brand Marketing for the development of assets for the launch of new products including sales tools, content, digital/photography, events, etc.
• Works directly with Digital Manager and Lead Generation to ensure the appropriate placement of content and messaging to drive the optimal results.
• Supports Customer Marketing with content, tools, graphics support for distributors and customers
Context and Scope:
• Allocation of content marketing, PR and event resources of the Communications budget
• Social Media, Ad Agency. PR Agency SOW and review management.
• Event agency SOW and review management
• Collaborate and align with Sales for development of custom assets for Distribution and Customer teams
• Collaborate early and often with Brand Marketing to ensure effective new product activation for delivery of business goals
• Effective management and coordination of timelines and deadlines across multiple audiences on a global scale.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Communications/PR, Marketing or Journalism preferred
• 8+ years’ progressive marketing communications experience
• Proven experience in building and growing new initiatives and processes.
• Strong experience planning and managing budgets
• Strong experience managing marketing, advertising and media agencies
• Experience and proven track record of delivery in managing remote projects.
• Strong influencing skills and ability to partner with distributed teams.
• Excellent business acumen and strong understanding of functions across the business, and how marketing initiatives impact them.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.