Senior Project Manager at Prudential
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. This position offers a challenging and high-profile opportunity to lead project teams and collaborate with internal and external business partners to achieve Prudential Annuities and Enterprise goals and objectives.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading key strategic initiatives of various types, including the execution of application development, product development, operational efficiency improvements and other efforts. Candidate must be capable of leading multiple projects simultaneously.
Primary responsibilities include:
Manage medium and large-sized projects in accordance with the Program Management Office’s (PMO) Project Management Methodology.
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure task execution and dependency coordination, and to anticipate and proactively address potential schedule and resource risks.
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure accurate and timely expense reporting, and to anticipate and proactively address budget variances.
- Manage change control process to ensure conscious scope, schedule, and cost decision-making, and to ensure timely maintenance and communication of changes to business requirements, technical specifications, test plans, project plans, budgets, resource plans and other project artifacts.
Identify, track and drive issues through to resolution.
- Develop, track and implement controls to manage project and organizational risk.
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders. Document and communicate meeting minutes and key decisions. Conduct periodic steering committee meetings with executive and senior management to communicate high-level project status, obtain critical decisions and guidance, and ensure continuous organizational commitment.
- Partner with Prudential Information Technology to coordinate vendor selection and contract execution.
- Continually build relationships throughout the Annuities organization and the Prudential Enterprise.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the PMO Methodology and supporting procedures to strengthen project execution and risk management.
- Proven track record in implementing change.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully.
- 4+ years’ experience managing business and/or technology projects.
- Knowledge of investments and/or life insurance products ideal.
- PMBOK and SDLC proficiency required.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio) proficiency required.
- Microsoft Project proficiency required; specifically, project plan development, management and reporting.
- PMP Certification considered a plus.
- Home internet access is required
- Up to 25% of travel time may be required