Technical Sales Engineer – Bid Management at Liebert Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The role is responsible for ensuring Vertiv puts the best proposal forward for key customers and projects. This is done by coordinating all the people involved in responding to a “Request for Proposal” (RFP), providing technical support on all facets of the bid with a primary focus on the thermal aspects, and ensuring that the solution proposed is complete and appropriate.
Process Management and Coordination
- Carry out engineering supporting work as directed by senior members of bid team
- Work directly with internal and external engineering teams on data center designs for specific bids. Engineering responsibilities for the role will increase with experience.
- Work with Technical Lead to identify, coordinate, perform and assign work to a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, legal and delivery
- Work with other bid team members and engineering groups to analyze technical specifications, ensuring that Vertiv products meet customer design intent
- Assist in contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation
- Provide technical analysis of internal and competitive options for customer bids
- Work with Technical Lead to review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all products and services are included in the final price to the customer
- Will assist in many aspects of technical proposal creation, with the goal of becoming proficient in Vertiv proposal creation for AC Power, Thermal, Services, DC Power, Core, Converged and Software
- Participate in post project meetings
- Build and continually contribute to a technical library, based upon knowledge pulled from both successful and unsuccessful bids
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or similar
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degrees are preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical drawings and literature
- Working knowledge of HVAC principles and components and basics of power systems (UPS, static transfer switches, power distribution, others)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills with spreadsheets, databases, word processing and web pages
- Knowledge of the general selling process
- Previous bid experience is a major plus
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Project management experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with people across many different parts of the business
- Infrequent domestic travel. Standard office work environment.
- The main department measurable objectives are focused on response time and accuracy in creating proposals to RFP requirements.