Director, Tax at Helen of Troy
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: El Paso, Texas
Does a challenge inspire your ambition? Are you excited about supporting well known and trusted brands? Are you an accountant that flourishes in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to be empowered to inspire fresh ideas at a dynamic international company? Then, Helen of Troy wants to get to know you!
Were hiring a Director, Tax to join our Corporate Tax Team based in El Paso, TX. Reporting to the VP, Global Tax, Director, Tax will be a forward-thinking leader with proven abilities and achievements in a relevant accounting or finance role.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Manage the efficient and timely preparation and review of the companys global tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 including the reconciliation of tax accounts, preparation of tax entries, managing the return-to-provision analysis, and preparing financial statement disclosures.
- Assess global uncertain tax positions for consideration in tax provision.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of global tax accounting process.
- Manage and review global intercompany agreements and transactions.
- Manage the efficient and accurate preparation and timely submission of foreign, federal, state, and local income, sales/use/GST/VAT, property, and other related tax returns prepared internally or through coordinated efforts with outside tax preparers.
- Partner with tax advisors in preparation of transfer pricing calculations and documentation in both U.S. and foreign jurisdictions.
- Manage tax audits and inquiries involving federal, state, and international taxes.
Tax Research & Planning
- Monitor federal, state, and international tax legislative changes and analyze impact to the company, including tax accounting implications.
- Research and analyze complex tax issues.
- Interface with accounting, treasury, and legal departments with regards to tax matters
- Work with VP of Global Tax and external tax advisors to identify and implement tax planning opportunities.
- Assist with tax due diligence on acquisitions and divestitures, structuring of purchase and sale transactions, and other major non-recurring business activities.
- Work on special projects as required.
- Recruit, develop and retain talent within the team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and collaboration with internal clients and external service providers.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA and/or Masters degree in Tax.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in ASC 740.
- International tax and transfer pricing experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Self-starter with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Hands-on and detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Results driven with a sense of urgency.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to think and operate globally as well as collaborate with teams in diverse locations.
- Strong aptitude for building a culture of trust, integrity and performance.
- Desire to make a true impact on the organization through valuable tax strategy, planning and research.
- Applicants must be eligible to work full-time in the United States.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.