Program Manager at Helen of Troy
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Engineering Program Manager, PUR, manages consumer projects from concept to production. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated product development abilities in the consumer product or water filtration industries. Must have a proactive work style and be comfortable managing multiple projects on a global basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Work closely with cross-functional global teams to bring products from concept through production.
- Communicate effectively with team on program schedule and progress.
- Take a lead role in scheduling and managing the development of new products.
- Lead planning and execution of new product development, conversion projects, product transfer, and product cost take out.
- Lead and organize program reviews in all phases. Solve problems occurring during the execution of the programs.
- Utilize the NPD process to effectively drive program development and deliverables of both major & minor projects.
- Drive and maintain multiple programs to stay on time and budget. Update and report status on a regular basis.
- Responsible for technical feasibility assessment, program budget, program schedule and product cost estimate.
- Insure product documentation and specifications are available as needed during development and post-launch.
- Work with Project Engineers and contract manufacturers to provide technical solutions and conduct design reviews as needed.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with domestic and international suppliers through a collaborative and co-development approach
- Maintain accurate and accessible Design History Files.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in Engineering; Chemical or Mechanical
- 3+ years of experience managing projects in consumer products industry.
- Water filtration experience a plus
- Possess pro-active attitude and provide leadership, project management and teamwork skills to interact with a cross-functional global teams and direct them in achieving assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated delivery of projects within budget per schedule. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to direct/devise engineering tests if needed.
- Strong communication skills including concise and accurate direction on projects.
- Go-getter mentality; recognizes gaps that could impede a project and works to fill them.
- Ability to identify issues, assess technical and project alternatives and risks, and implement solutions while keeping the projects on track.
- Working experience of filtration formulation and NSF procedures and requirements are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project.
- Experience with Agile PLM a plus.
- 5 " 10% travel is required; domestic and international.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
A fast-paced & positive work environment
Excellent benefits; including Tuition Reimbursement
Professional development and growth opportunities
Onsite gym, cafeteria and free coffee
Discounts on company products
**Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis**
To learn more about Helen of Troy Health & Home (formerly Kaz USA, Inc.) select the link: www.kaz.com
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 or email@example.com .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.