Lab Technician II at Helen of Troy
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Lab Technician II
Perform claims investigations on returned defective consumer products providing root cause analysis. Write investigative reports based on information found during the claims analysis process. Perform engineering evaluation testing on prototypes and existing consumer products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform complaint and claims investigations on returned defective products providing root cause analysis results. Take information found during analysis and write up investigative reports which are submitted to the Lab Manager for approval and recorded into various data bases as required.
- Conduct performance testing including electrical evaluations, airflow, AHAM CADR, sound testing and any other required performance tests. Complete lab reports on testing results. Report testing results to the responsible project or quality engineer.
- Monitor life testing to ensure that products are running to specification and refill humidifiers daily. Maintain life test logs to track results. Report any life test issues to the responsible project and quality engineers.
- Design and construct specialized test fixtures as needed.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Maintain lab and personal work area to 5S standards.
- Must be willing to learn new skills as required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
Associates degree or electrical technical training or minimum 4 years related experience equivalent to technical electrical training.
Minimum of 4 years related experience or equivalent to technical training in electrical appliances or devices.
- Experience with computers.
- knowledge of data acquisition software. MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows.
- Knowledge of electricity and high voltage electrical applications.
- Experience with UL, CSA, FDA and other industrial standards and agencies is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of the connection and use on multi-meter, tachometer, sound pressure meter, oscilloscope, IR imaging and other electronic measuring instruments.
- Must communicate well with all levels of personnel both written and verbal.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in an organized manner.
- Manual Assembly, Inspection, Documentation, Defect Identification, Material Handling, Packing, Visual Inspection, Electrical, Mechanical and Repairing.
- Experienced with Calipers, Micrometers, Schematics, Grinding and Soldering.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
A fast-paced & positive work environment
Excellent benefits; including Tuition Reimbursement
Professional development and growth opportunities
Onsite gym, cafeteria and free coffee
Discounts on company products
**Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis**
To learn more about Helen of Troy Health & Home (formerly Kaz USA, Inc.) select the link: www.kaz.com
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 or email@example.com .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.