Patient Financial Service Representative - Admitting - Full Time 8 Hour Variable Shifts at University of Southern California
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glendale, California
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Maintain daily operations of each registration area.
- Maintain assigned staffing schedule, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Accept reservation in a courteous and professional manner. Obtain pertinent data.
- Maintain pre-admit files.
- Maintain Emergency Room logs (written and computerized).
- Greet patients in a friendly and helpful manner, identifying self. Wears ID badge with the name visible.
- Interview incoming patients; obtain accurate spelling of patient's legal name, address, phone number and insurance information.
- Assist patient in understanding benefits and hospital policies and procedures.
- Facilitate timely and accurate processing of patient registrations while preserving patient confidentiality and dignity.
- Accurate data entry of information, avoiding duplicated medical record numbers.
- Confirm accuracy of patient history and demographics.
- Enter insurance information as needed.
- Ascertain need for insurance authorization.
- Maintain a positive public relations manner at all times, displaying care and compassion.
- Explain admitting/departmental process to patients.
- Distribute admission material to appropriate departments.
- Develop co-workers relationships and strive to become a "team player".
- Assist with new employee orientation and with their continued growth.
- Assist co-workers with problem solving.
- Assist Director and Team Leader in maintaining a quality registration product.
- Take part in departmental cross-training program.
- Adhere to written hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintain professional, business-like appearance.
- Accept payments from patients and accurately complete cash sheet.
- Accept departmental deposits and review for accuracy.
Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has in depth knowledge in all the functions of the Admitting Department. Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently. Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology. In depth knowledge of all insurance types, including government health programs
- AB 508 Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire or transfer into the department, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC-VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20059326 Posted Date: 05/14/2018