Executive Protection Specialist at Tanium
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emeryville, California
As an Executive Protection Specialist at Tanium, you will work independently in the field reporting to the Global Security Operations and Training Specialist on all matters relating to the safety and security of the CEO, Chairman of Board, and their immediate family members. This individual should possess a high level of personal accountability, be extremely flexible, have a sense of urgency, be proactive in her or his approach to security and customer service, and enjoy the challenges of keeping Tanium's executive members and their families safe. She or he will demonstrate advanced security routines, executive level customer service skills, and modeling of the company's values and culture. To be successful this candidate must be highly self-motivated and at all times conduct themselves with Tanium's best interests at the top of their priority list, on and off duty.
What you’ll do:
- Provide Executive Protection coverage for Executive and/or Executive family members in various environments surrounding their business and personal life.
- Provide secure transportation services with the ability to simultaneously conduct counter surveillance and/or tactical driving.
- Conduct detailed advance work on physical locations, routes of travel, and event sites.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion regarding all corporate and personal matters, especially executive conversations and communications.
- Provide protection during events held or attended by the CEO and family.
- Stay current with all National and State security licenses and certifications by continually attending specialized and routine training as required to maintain Tanium Executive Protection job readiness qualifications.
- Communicate with other Global Security teams to identify and/or mitigate potential security threats as it relates to Tanium Executives and Tanium employees. Must demonstrate ability to maintain emotional composure and high-level problem solving ability during situations of elevated stress.
- Develop and implement Executive Protection team best practices, standard operating procedures, and emergency response plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local law enforcement agencies, directors of security and local venue security representatives that our CEO attends.
- Train new Executive Protection Specialists and/or conduct Global Security team training as it relates to Executive Protection.
- Provide customer service with special consideration for executive preferences.
- Be a solution oriented communicator using various communication methods and networks to routinely maintain a high standard of service for assigned executive.
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness, appearance, and C-level professional etiquette.
- Systematically communicate and log all Executive Protection relevant information.
- Trained in all areas regarding corporate and residence security. In the event that coverage is needed on both teams, the Executive Protection agents will be called upon to assist both teams with coverage.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS and/or relevant work experience preferred
- Government, Military (SOF), or Law Enforcement
- Specialty training and/or experience in Executive Protection, Tactical PSD, and/or Combat/Tactical Emergency Medicine required
- Successful completion of a recognized Tactical/Evasive Driving Course required
- Industry/Discipline Specific Credentials
- Current CA CCW required
- Current CA Guard Card required
- Current CA Exposed Firearms Permit required
- Valid State issued driver license required
- Valid US Passport required
- CPR/AED/First Aid required
- Preferred Job Qualifications
- Successful completion of Diplomatic Security/WPS course preferred
- International travel security preferred
- Successful completion of a recognized Executive Protection Course preferred
- Executive Protection Detail Leader or Supervisor background preferred
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/ .