Student Center Event Services Specialist at University of Houston
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
The Specialist provides excellent set-up services to all guests and users of the Student Center (SC), SC Satellite, and other assigned facilities.
- Assists with set-up for scheduled events to occur within the SC or SC Satellite facilities. This may include but not limited to table and chair placement, audio-visual equipment and placement and testing of any other equipment used.
- Responsible for or assists with all cleaning of meeting rooms and special event spaces reserved for use. This includes but is not limited to light custodial work in each space as needed, trash removal, wiping and cleaning of table surfaces, furniture placement, cleaning of floor surfaces, white erase boards, art work, plant arrangements and interior windows as appropriate.
- Checks and replenishes supplies associated with room equipment.
- Monitors and adjusts room temperatures, door access and light control functions of the assigned area of the event.
- Responsible for or assists in placement of printed room cards for scheduled events.
- Assists with supervision of members of student Event Set-Up Crew as well as provides direction for modifications of work assignments as needed to accommodate event schedules. Provides assistance in the training of the student Set-Up Crew.
- Participates in identifying and submitting items of concern related to repairs and replacement of any room/space furnishings or equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.