Maintenance Manager II at Regal Beloit
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: McAllen, Texas
Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity. Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today.We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you. Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Coordinates activities of maintenance department on all equipment and facility issues, projects, enhancements and improvements.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish, maintain and direct work order, Lock-out/Tag-out and preventive maintenance systems.
- Interview, hire, discipline, promote, counsel, establish and implement training requirements for the maintenance department.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Explain company polices to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Works with production supervision for scheduling repairs and projects with production schedule.
- Recommends and/or implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Manages the activities of all employees as it pertains to the production floor involving all shifts, to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring; planning, assigning, and director work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplinary employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience: Two year certificate from college or technical school, and six years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret Federal safety guidelines, business periodicals, OEM manuals and instructions. Ability to communicate effectively through written and conversational skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to create, analyze and interpret a variety of charts, graphs and time lines.
Computer Skills: Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and other related programs in creating reports, graphs, and data collection.
Individuals must be able to read and write at a high school level.
Competency: Business Acumen, Communication, Cultural Awareness, Relationship Management
Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.