SAP & Parts Administrator at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dundee, Michigan
Clean Tech was founded in 1989 to reclaim the plastic in water containers and other post-consumer packaging. Clean Tech’s leaders knew that recycling would extend disposal capacity, save money in disposal costs and conserve natural resources. They saw further growth opportunity in the business’s potential for creating new jobs and providing a reliable, cost-effective resource for the manufacturing industry. It
This modern recycling center initiated the company’s entry into the environmental movement more than 20 years ago. Clean Tech recycled 2 billion bottles in 2007 alone at its Dundee, MI facility. It now recycles more than 3 billion bottles per year and continues to invest in recycling technology and operational improvements. Expanding Recycling to Europe: A Luxembourg recycling center anchors environmental operations in Europe with PET recycling. Clean Tech is part of the Plastipak family of companies.
Clean Tech is an equal opportunity employer.
The SAP & Parts Administrator is responsible for the purchasing of maintenance materials, maintaining purchasing records, maintaining inventory data, and managing all corresponding documents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the training sessions for all new hires in the department.
- Monitors, reports and verifies parts check outs
- Create sourcing records for PM parts. Find vendors that offer our goods, whennever purchased, or for cheaper.
- Manage material master, create new SKUs, improve database for easier searching and reorder.
- Maintain plant BOM to determine parts used throughout facility. Pursue functionally equivalent parts to reduce inventory
- Complete a quarterly evaluation of vendors.
- Pursue improvements to SAP system
- Monitor and improve SAP role delegation
- Identifies opportunities for departmental improvement.
- Performs inventory on schedule and updates SAP with correct information.
- Aids Project Manager in maintaining parts accuracy through problem resolution and enforcement of proper procedures.
- Assists in quoting, procuring, and organization of all parts; maintaining parts accuracy through problem resolution and enforcement of proper procedures.
- Aids in administrative duties as assigned.
- Work with maintenance leader and purchasing personnel to set up and determine proper spare parts inventory to reduce cost and equipment downtime.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times, monitors team members for safe practices and mentors best methods.
- Interact with Corporate IT Department in regards to SAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Preferred: Bachelors in Supply Chain or related engineering field
- At least 2 years relevant SAP experience
- Technically oriented and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to multitask in fast paced environment
- Proficient in computer programs: SAP, Microsoft Office
- Team Oriented
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible on job assignments.
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong presentation and technical skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Lifting Requirements: 0 – 50+ lbs.
- Constant: Lift and/or move up to 15lbs.
- Frequent: Sit, stand and walk up to 8 hours per day. Lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Occasional: Travel to Corporate Office
- Environment: Exposed to high levels of noise, recyclable debris and smell.
- Able to visually examine minute defects in parts and product.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend down and work on ladders periodically as needed.