Equipment Operator and Plant Maintenance - Gates, NY at Dolomite Products Company, Inc.
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rochester, New York
Job ID: 136699
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout CRH. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Learn and follow safety regulations.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met. Report any problems.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye-contact will be maintained when backing; communicating with hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of the site supervisor or foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site
- Mid-level cutting, welding and fabrication.
- Maintain conveyors, motors, bearings and guarding on plant equipment as well as perform mechanical maintenance on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Safely unload liquid hot oil from delivery trucks.
- Communicate with co-workers and management regarding the status of any maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in plant production of materials and ensure the efficient working condition of the plant.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Preform daily pre and post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Complete work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards and contract requirements.
- Maintain and clean tools, equipment or materials to ensure all items are in usable condition.
- Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Possess strong drive to fulfill commitments and enthusiasm.
- Requires daytime, nighttime & some weekend hours. Travel may be required within the company’s operational area.
- Wear proper PPE at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined by the Environmental, Health and Safety Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and supervisors with other duties as assigned or required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Dolomite Company employees
- Employees will be held accountable for adhering to the workplace schedule
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Prior experience as an equipment operator in the asphalt or construction industry a plus. Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving employees in standardized and not standardized situations
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Windows.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as computer skills
- Mobility to attend various meetings and events at offsite locations
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
- Travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk several miles per day, occasionally climb, balance, squat, kneel and travel over irregular terrain. The employee will be required to drive frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.